The Karnataka Common Entrance Test or KCET is a state-level entrance exam for students who wish to pursue higher education in the state of Karnataka. Candidates are admitted to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering, medical, and graduation courses in arts and science.
The Kolkata Cable Television Corporation Limited (KCET) is the sole channel producer and distributor of cable television in Kolkata, India. It was established as the Kolkata Cable Television Company Limited in 1985.
To get the official information on KCET exam, which is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala (DTETK), you can visit the official website and the other related websites. The official website of KCET is www.kcet.ac.in and the details of the exam or any other information can also be found at that site.
There are many exams at the national level that help students get into vocational programs like B.Tech. In addition to the examinations at national level, there are examinations at state level, organised by the states themselves. KEAM is an example of such a test being conducted in Kerala. A similar exam is also conducted in Karnataka and is called KCET. This is an exclusive entrance test for students residing in the state of Karnataka. With the help of KCET, you can get admission in the institutes of the state of Karnataka. If you plan to speak at KCET or want to learn more about KCET, scroll down and check out the different sections of the site.
What is the KCET exam in India?
KCET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Test and is administered by the Karnataka Examination Authority. The exam is meant for students from Karnataka who want to pursue vocational training. You can currently enroll at KCET if you want to study Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Sciences. It should be noted that KCET does not help you apply for medical school. For medical courses you still need to do NEET, but for all technology related courses KCET will help you. In addition to the courses listed above, you can also enroll in the Bachelor of Architecture program by taking the KCET exam.
The KCET is held once a year and the exam is conducted offline. You must take the exam with paper and pencil. In addition, there are two papers in the series that you should attend. Currently, 211 colleges accept KCET exam results and you can apply to these colleges based on your qualifying result. You now have a good understanding of what KCET is. Let’s go through the eligibility criteria, syllabus and more so that you can pass the exam.
KCET Check admission requirements
Now let’s talk about the eligibility criteria for the KCET exam. Read the following instructions.
- The candidate must have a 12th grade diploma with English as one of the languages.
- The candidate must also achieve 50% in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Total points must also be 50% and there is a 5% surcharge for students in the reserve category.
- For the Bachelor of Engineering, candidates must have a grade 12 diploma with English as one of the languages.
- The minimum score for physics, chemistry and mathematics is 45%. You should be on your fifth. The subjects have similar scores. There is a 5% discount for students in the reserve category.
- Agronomy course
- In the case of agricultural science courses, the selection criteria are very broad. The candidate must have completed the twelfth grade. I finished fifth grade with CMP as my major and biology as an elective.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
- To be admitted to a veterinary school, the candidate must hold a 12th grade diploma. Have a SCH class with English as the language.
- Candidates must score at least 50%; however, there is a 10% leniency for reserve students.
- For admission to the B.Pharma program, the candidate must have a 12th degree. Have a diploma with a degree of PCB or PCM.
- The minimum grade required for a student is 45%. However, there is a 5% exemption for the reserved category. These are also the selection criteria for the Diploma in Pharma courses.
- Yoga and naturopathy
- If the candidate wants to pursue yoga or naturopathy course, he/she must pass the 12th class exams with PCB score and pass 50% in the subjects. In addition, a minimum score of 40% is required for students in the reserve category.
Apart from the above eligibility criteria, it is to be noted that there are reservations for the reserved category, rural candidates, candidates from the middle Kannada region, migrants from J&K and under section 371(J). Finally, a candidate must be at least 17 years old to sit for the KCET exam.
KCET syllabus and examination template
In this section you will find the syllabus and outline of KCET exam. See details below.
- The exam consists of three or four parts, depending on your category.
- The first part, Physics, consists of 60 questions. Part 2 consists of 60 chemistry questions and Part 3 of 60 math or biology questions. The third part depends on your choice of study and your qualifications.
- Answering each question takes 1 minute, so you have 180 minutes to complete all three sections.
- If you have registered for the Kannada exam, you will have to answer another 50 questions.
- As for the curriculum, you should prepare everything you learned in grades 11 and 12. All the chapters are equally important and you need to prepare for each of them to score well in KCET.
Attempt to pass the KCET exam
There is no limit to the number of attempts in the KCET exam. You can participate in more than one trial. As mentioned above, the KCET is held every year, so you can plan your attempt accordingly.
KCET exam fee ?
The tuition fee for general category students residing in Karnataka is Rs. 650. For general category students residing outside the state of Karnataka, the registration fee is RS 750. There is a discount for SC/ST and CAT-1 students: You only need to pay 500 rupees per form. Finally, candidates from outside India have to pay Rs. 5,000 to fill the application form.
KCET Examination Registration Procedure
We have described the application process for the KCET exam in the following section. Go through the steps and apply to KCET now.
- You can start the application process by going to the official website of the KEA. The link to the website is https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/.
- On the website, you need to click on the CET UG online application. The instructions page is displayed.
- Study the instructions and go to the next step to fill out the form. You can now create your account and enter all your data. Please check that your academic and personal details are correct.
- You will now be asked to upload a photo ID. Upload a photo and your left thumbprint. You will also need to upload your signature and those of your parents. They must all be in JPEG or JPG format.
- Now you have to pay the tax. You can pay the fee online via online banking, debit card, credit card or UPI. If you wish to pay the fee offline, you can print the deposit slip and go to the bank to make the payment. It is also possible to pay the fee per LSV.
- The next step is to print the form and get it signed by the principal of the school where you will be attending Grade 12. This document should then be kept in a safe place as you will need it when you apply.
- You will later receive a ticket with information about the centre. Then you can take the exam and, depending on your score, participate in college orientation.
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is commonly referred to as the state’s Common Entrance Test. The test dates annually in 4th week of January. The test is conducted for admission into various undergraduate courses in the state.. Read more about kcet application form 2021 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the eligibility for KCET?
KCET is a public television station located in Los Angeles. KCET is a member of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and is available to all U.S. households with a television. KCET is not available to cable subscribers. What is the eligibility for KOCE? KOCE is a public television station located in Santa Ana, CA. KOCE is a member of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and is
Is syllabus reduced for KCET 2021?
KCET 2021 syllabus is reduced to 3 units.
What is passing marks in KCET?
KCET is a public broadcasting station in California. Passing marks is the number of questions answered correctly out of a total number of questions. The number of questions is determined by the number of questions on the exam.
upper age limit for kcetkcet eligibility criteria 2020kcet eligibility 2021kcet exam date 2021kcet application form 2021kcet exam 2021,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Siddaganga Institute Of Technolog…,RV College of Engineeri…,BMS College of Engineering,Ramaiah Institute Of Technology,Bangalore Institute of Technology,PES University,See more,upper age limit for kcet,kcet eligibility criteria 2020,kcet eligibility 2021,kcet exam date 2021,kcet application form 2021,kcet eligibility for other state students,kcet exam 2021,kcet official website