Leicester City are bracing themselves for a bid from Arsenal to sign James Maddison. The Premier League club have been alerted by the Gunners that they are interested in signing the midfielder, who has scored six goals and provided nine assists this season.
The james maddison is a player that Arsenal are reportedly plotting a move for. Maddison has been linked with Manchester United and Liverpool in recent weeks.
The summer transfer season is open now that Euro 2020 and the Copa America are finished, giving Europe’s top clubs the opportunity to make an impact in the market. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Gunners are surrounding Maddison, according to the top story.
Arsenal may be forced to sell a number of players in order to pursue Leicester City playmaker James Maddison.
Following the return of loanee Martin Odegaard to Real Madrid, Mikel Arteta sees the 24-year-old as a major target this summer, according to the Daily Mail.
The Foxes are said to be unwilling to accept a £50 million offer at this time, but a deal including a player moving the opposite way might entice them.
Since joining Leicester for little over £20 million from Norwich City in 2018, Maddison has wowed many. In that time, he’s made 98 Premier League games and assisted on 38 goals. In 2019, his efforts impressed England manager Gareth Southgate, who handed him his first senior international cap against Montenegro.
Reiss Nelson and Ainsley Maitland-Niles are the two Arsenal players said to be available in any trade. Both academy graduates have Premier League experience, and the Gunners feel that a deal involving both of them is possible.
Nelson, 21, has made 22 Premier League games and 23 Bundesliga outings while on loan at Hoffenheim, but despite his talent, he has failed to completely break into the Arsenal team.
Maitland-Niles, 23, spent last season on loan at West Bromwich Albion, where he made 26 appearances in a relegation-fighting campaign.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – A viewer’s guide to the Bundesliga, La Liga, MLS, the FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
Arsenal are allegedly interested in signing James Maddison, but would Leicester be enticed by a cash-plus-players deal? Getty Images/Plumb Images/Leicester City FC
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to the Mirror, Paris Saint-Germain has made Paul Pogba their first target as a marquee acquisition this summer. Due to his decreasing contract, the France international would be free to negotiate a transfer to a new club overseas in January, increasing the pressure on Manchester United to sell him if a deal cannot be struck this summer. Mauricio Pochettino, the manager of PSG, is said to be seeking to generate money via player trades in order to make a bid for Pogba this summer. If a deal with the Red Devils cannot be reached, a fee of approximately £50 million may be enough to acquire the midfielder’s services.
– According to Mundo Deportivo, Arsenal are interested in signing Barcelona goalkeeper Neto. The 32-year-old is one of several players who have been permitted to depart the Nou Camp this summer as the Catalan club looks to free up funds to recruit new players. When contacted for the player a few months ago, Barca is believed to have sought for approximately €14 million. The Gunners, according to the Brazilian officials, are the most feasible alternative. Tottenham were also mentioned, but the arrival of Pierluigi Gollini at Spurs would have put an end to that possibility.
– Lyon have raised their value of Houssem Aouar ahead of a possible summer transfer fight for the midfielder. According to Le10sport, the initial value was €20-25 million, but following widespread interest in the player, it has risen to €30-35 million. The highly sought 23-year-old has been linked with Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, and Arsenal. The Gunners are said to be in the lead, having received an initial offer a few weeks ago, but no further offers have been received since the talks started.
– According to Goal, Juventus has placed a £35 million value on defender Merih Demiral. Since the arrival of Rafa Benitez, the 23-year-old has been linked with a transfer to Everton, and Juve may let him leave after a season of infrequent appearances. Both Roma and Atalanta have been connected with the Turkey international.
– According to the Athletic, Liverpool has set a £15 million value on Harry Wilson, who has attracted interest from Fulham. The 24-year-old has been linked with Benfica, Brentford, and West Bromwich Albion, but talks between the Reds and Fulham to sign him are still continuing. The Wales international has spent the last few seasons on loan, with stops at Bournemouth, Derby, and Cardiff, and his excellent statistics in the second tier have piqued attention as the Cottagers seek to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.
- leicester city fc
- leicester city schedule