Other employees, managers or directors of companies will have a hard time caring about the law. They know very little about the law, and it is also impossible to get information about them. That’s why companies hire lawyers to deal with such situations, and not just any lawyers, but corporate lawyers. A business lawyer is familiar with corporate, business or organizational law.
If you dream of becoming a lawyer while taking advantage of all the opportunities the business world offers, the business law profession is an excellent choice. In the past, only law school graduates could practice law. But now everything has completely changed. You have a specialization that you can get and go work in some corporate offices. It is not easy to deal with business law without the help of a specialist business lawyer. Consequently, in-house lawyers play a very important role in many companies.
If you are interested in a career as a corporate lawyer in India, you will find useful information on how to become a corporate lawyer here.
Who is a company lawyer?
A person who earns a degree in business law is called a business lawyer. You are able to pursue a career as a corporate lawyer. When hired by a company or organization, the attorney must ensure that all business transactions of the company are legal. A business lawyer is the ideal person to advise businesses on their duties and responsibilities. They also help businesses understand their legal rights.
To legally represent a business or organization, you need the best business lawyers. When a company faces legal issues, it is the responsibility of the in-house counsel to find and work on the best solution for the company. The company lawyer is responsible for internal investigations to ensure that the company is run legally.
Here is more information to help you learn more about business lawyers and how to become a business lawyer.
To become a corporate lawyer, you must meet certain criteria. Here are the requirements you must meet to work as a corporate lawyer:
- You must have completed the 10+2 education in India with good marks.
- You must have an LLB degree (three years or five years).
- You must have obtained an LLM with company law as the subject.
- You should be affiliated with a law firm or an experienced attorney who can help you learn more about corporate law and related issues.
- It is also important that you have a good practical and theoretical knowledge of company law.
If you meet all the above criteria, you can now apply to law firms to pursue a career as a corporate lawyer.
How do I become a company lawyer?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to become a corporate lawyer in India. Becoming a lawyer is not easy. There are so many dispositions, paragraphs, articles and more that you can learn when you take a law course. So, if you are the kind of person who can devote a good number of hours a day to education, then this is the course for you. To become a corporate lawyer, you must have a very good memory and communication skills.
How to become a corporate lawyer in India?
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 in any field. Whether it is a scientific or artistic group is irrelevant. But make sure you get at least 60% of the points in your 10+2 standard.
- Once you graduate with your 10+2 degree, you must take an admissions test to qualify for the five-year BA, LLB program. This is a five-year course that introduces you to the arts and focuses more on legal issues.
- When you graduate, you can opt for a three-year LLB program. In addition, to enroll in a three-year law school, you must take the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). The admission tests depend on the college or university you choose. Some colleges do not require an entrance exam, while some law schools or universities only grant admission if you pass the entrance test.
- After you have completed your law degree in five or three years, you should choose a Master of Laws, LLM program. For this you must also pass an entrance test. Only those who meet the requirements of this placement test will be admitted to the LLM program.
- In the LLM programme you have the option to choose a specialisation, in which case you should choose company law.
- In addition to an LLM in business law, you can also pursue a graduate program in business or corporate law, which can help you achieve your goal of becoming a corporate lawyer.
The entrance test requires a lot of preparation as the students who score the highest can secure a place in one of the best law colleges or universities in India. You have to start training early to be well ranked.
Also read : LLB Vs. LLM: What’s best for you?
Functions of in-house lawyers
After completing the Company Law course you will be able to carry out various professional tasks. You can join a law firm or take a job with a company or organization. Their roles and responsibilities in these two areas are completely different. These are some of the tasks that your employer will offer you:
There are several leading law firms in India that recruit students from top law universities. You are not required to transfer your license to a law firm, even if you are an employee. You can also apply for internship programs at the law firms of your choice and if you are lucky, you will be hired by the top law firms.
In addition to working in a law firm, you can also be hired by corporations after earning a degree in business law. Most companies have their own legal team to represent their legal side and handle legal issues. They also work with law firms for legal services, but there are also companies that have their own legal team for better support. It depends on the size of the company. If you want to work for a company as a corporate lawyer, you will have to give up your law degree. You can make a lot of money if you can get a job in a company.
You could become a partner in a law firm. You can start as a senior or join any law firm and slowly work your way up to partner in a firm. This is the most common practice for people in other countries.
In addition, corporate lawyers are hired as general counsel, industry experts, paralegals and senior counsel, among many other positions.
Fields of application:
Once you have completed a corporate law course or an LLM in corporate law, there are a number of jobs available to you. You’re not going to make the choice easy. It’s always good to think twice before making a decision. The areas in which you will be recruited:
- Judicial system
- Enforcement of the law
- Law firms
- Legal Institutions
Moreover, you can even open your own law firm if you want to have your own practice. After a few years working for a senior attorney, you are ready to open your own practice, so it is up to you to decide where you want to continue your career.
Also read : TLD Course (Diploma in Tax Law) Details
List of fees for company lawyers
Since you have decided to become a corporate lawyer, your salary will depend on the organization you work for. Regardless of the size of the company, you will be paid a good salary because of the importance of your position. The experience and knowledge you have in corporate law will help you get a better salary. If you control the situation perfectly, you’ll get a big raise every now and then. Some corporate lawyers start their career with Rs 3,00,000 per year and there are lawyers who can reach Rs 15,00,000 per year in just a few years. The salary depends entirely on the company you work for, your skills and how you handle each situation.
Some of the best colleges to become a business lawyer
After so many details about corporate lawyers and how to pursue a career in corporate law, it is time to know about the best colleges that offer you the best legal education in India. There are several colleges in India, but we have listed some of the best colleges so that it is easy for you to choose a good college without too much hassle. So here is the list of best business law colleges in India:
- Andhra University College of Law Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Visakhapatnam.
- Institute of Military Law, Mohali
- New Bharati Vidya Peeth Law School, Pune
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow
- Dr. Rizvi College of Law, Kaushambi.
- DSNLU – Damodaram Sanjivaya National Law University, Visakhapatnam
- Government Law College, Mumbai
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- ICFAI College of Law, Hyderabad
- ILS Law School, Pune
- Faculty of Law, KIT, Bhubaneshwar.
- College of Law, Dunbad
- Lloyd’s Law School, Greater Noida
- M. S. Ramai College of Law, Bangalore.
- NALSAR – National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Law University, Hyderabad
- University National Law Faculty of India, Bangalore
- National Law University, Cuttack, Odisha.
- National Law University, Delhi
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Ernakulam
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala
- Rizvi Law School, Mumbai
- Faculty of Law, Christ University, Bangalore.
- Symbiosis College of Law, Pune
As mentioned earlier, there are many other colleges in India, but it is important to get a quality education and this is possible only with the best college or university.
So it was useful information about corporate lawyers and how to make a career in this field. It may not be an easy path for you to reach this position, but at the same time, it is nothing you cannot achieve. You just need to spend more time studying and preparing for the entrance exams. Also, try to get an internship under the supervision of a good senior lawyer so that you get a chance to study the subject in real time. View all details and make your choice.
frequently asked questions
What are the qualifications required to become a corporate lawyer?
How long does it take to become a corporate lawyer?
Educational Supply Corps…
Do corporate lawyers in India go to court?
What is the purpose of a business? ….
corporate law courses in indialife of a corporate lawyer in indiascope of corporate lawyer in indiacorporate law colleges in indiacorporate lawyer salary in india per monthhow to become a corporate lawyer in india? – quora,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Corporate law,Commercial law,Labour law,Tax law,Competition law,Constitutio… law,See more,corporate law courses in india,how to become a corporate lawyer in canada,corporate law firms in india,corporate lawyer salary in india per month,corporate law colleges in india,corporate lawyer jobs in india,scope of corporate lawyer in india,how to become a corporate lawyer in india? – quora