The Marvel Cinematic Universe is currently in a period of great expansion, with several new characters and storylines introduced, including Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and for the first time in the MCU, a female-led superhero movie. While details are still scarce, the news of the studio’s expansion could be very real. The latest job posting on the Marvel website gives even more credence to this possibility, as it seems that the studio is looking for a writer or writers to work on a potential animated feature.
On Dec. 6, a vacancy listing at Marvel Studios revealed that the company is seeking an Animator for a feature film project, with a deadline of Jan. 21. Weighing in at just over 3 minutes, the posting is short on details but it does allude to the studio working with partners. What’s more, it’s short on the usual “no phone calls or emails” request, which may be a sign that the project will involve a collaboration with other studios.
A new job posting from Marvel Studios may indicate that the studio is developing new animated series, in addition to the upcoming What If… ? Disney Careers has posted a job opening for Director of Post Production – Marvel Streaming Animation on their website, with a detailed resume and list of responsibilities attached (see below). Overall, this information shows that this job is really meant to help create an animated series for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The question is what kind of cartoon series can we get, another episode of What If…? or something else?
Here’s some information about Marvel Studios’ new job posting:
Marvel Studios is the entertainment brand that defines the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Marvel Studios, located at Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, is one of the most successful film studios in the world. The animated Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe full of creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you’ll be part of a team that helps carry our legacy into the future with a vision as broad as our stories.
You will report directly to the VP of Post Production – Streaming. Covers all aspects of post-production animation for Marvel Studios. Includes management of post-production staff and individual projects under the Marvel Studios banner.
- Collaborate with all relevant Marvel departments to maximize productivity, flexibility and creativity. This includes working closely with the various animation and VFX production teams, internal DI, color science and pipeline departments to improve the efficiency of Marvel’s internal workflow and ultimately deliver the best image on screen. Work with the music and sound department to provide support where needed and create high quality sound. Collaborate with Operations and Marketing to avoid duplication and share resources.
- Establish and review post-production budgets for all projects. Work closely with the production finance department to ensure budgets reflect the realistic circumstances of each show. Including cost estimation, budgeting and cost reporting up to and including the delivery of images.
- Establish and review post-production schedules for all projects. Create and monitor schedules to ensure maximum flexibility and adaptability to extremely tight deadlines and last-minute changes.
- Work with management and the studio to recruit key personnel. It’s about nurturing relationships with talent/teams and their respective agents/managers.
- Introduce post-production considerations as early as possible in the filmmaking process. Organization and facilitation of all required testing prior to the series. Involve the department in pre-production planning of third-party processes, editorial structure, color pipelines, and image editing workflows.
- Participate in distribution planning meetings to communicate any planning contingencies and support downstream processes such as localization, dubbing and subtitling.
- Browse all censored newspapers.
- Ensure complete and technically first class delivery of all sound and visual elements to the Disney distribution company for all shows. Work closely with distributors, vendors and the Disney team to ensure shows are properly packaged and archived for posterity. Continuously evaluate packaging and filing processes to maximize efficiency in a constantly changing technical environment.
- Maintain and manage relationships with external vendors (Technicolor, Deluxe, EPS, etc.) and service providers within the Disney family (AVID Support, Customer Service, etc.). Develop relationships with potential new vendors to ensure availability of resources as needed.
- Continuous updating of technologies used in the industry (e.g. ACES, cameras, software). Attend and report on all relevant conferences, demonstrations and seminars (NAB, Siggraph, etc.). Share information with Disney resources, such as. B. Emerging Technologies to discuss how other Disney companies are solving similar problems. Continuously identifies areas for improvement in post-production and implements ideas to improve business performance.
- Overseeing the inventory and organization of all post-production assets (AVID, Codex vaults, camera bags, software, etc.) This includes establishing purchase and lease scenarios, allocating and then recovering assets from individual projects, and managing assets as they approach the end of their useful life.
- Work with production engineering to research and implement a live archive of all previous material in the MCU.
- Continually update and provide post-production guidance to required staff.
The Marvel What If…? animated series premieres on the 11th. August at Disney+.
types of jobs in the comic book industrycomicbook.com jobscomicbook.com staffcomic book store job openings near mecomic book artist jobsjobs in comics,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,types of jobs in the comic book industry,comicbook.com jobs,comicbook.com staff,comic book store job openings near me,comic book artist jobs,jobs in comics,comic book marketing jobs,comic book jobs near me