The New Zealand Rugby Union (NZRU) has announced that, in the wake of the Rugby League World Cup 2019 (RLWC) being stripped of a number of nations due to the inability to reach an agreement on a new broadcasting deal, it has decided to withdraw from the competition.

Rugby League World Cup – Rugby league is a very unique sport, it is not like other sports in that it has its own world cup. The Rugby League World Cup is played every four years and is contested by the 16 world rugby league teams. The Rugby League World Cup was first played in 1954, which was won by Great Britain. In the years since then the competition has only been held every four years, with the exception of the mid-1990’s where the competition was not held, the competition was cancelled due to the World Cup being held in Australia.

The Rugby League World Cup is one of the greatest sporting events on earth. If you live in Australia or New Zealand, you will be watching the entire tournament with pride and excitement. But today the governing body of these proud nations, the RLIF, announced that they were pulling out of the competition entirely.. Read more about rugby world cup 2021 and let us know what you think.

Action from an Australia v New Zealand Rugby League match in 2019Australia has won the Rugby League World Cup 11 times, with New Zealand winning in 2008.

According to Australia’s players’ union, Australia and New Zealand’s decision to withdraw from the Rugby League World Cup was “premature.”

According to the Rugby League Players’ Association (RLPA), a handful of its players wanted to attend the event in England this fall.

Australia and New Zealand withdrew from Covid-19 on Thursday because to “player health and safety concerns.”

Clint Newton, the RLPA’s chief executive, called the decision “disappointing.”

In a statement, he added, “We have received input from a number of players eligible for these countries expressing their willingness to participate in the event, pending further information being available in the coming weeks.”

“Clearly, those players’ opinions were insufficient to avoid this decision, and we think it was taken prematurely.”

The Rugby League Players’ Association (RLPA) represents players in Australia’s National Rugby League (NRL), which includes players from Tonga, Fiji, and Samoa who are still expected to participate in the World Cup.

Newton says he’ll keep working with tournament organizers to guarantee the health and safety of athletes whose nations are still participating.

“Our focus for players from the other participating countries will be to assist in the implementation of proper health and safety measures, as well as to give them with the necessary knowledge to make an educated choice regarding participation,” he said.

“We had hoped that players from Australia and New Zealand would have the same chance, but with last night’s decision, that possibility has been taken away from them.”

The Rugby Football League (RFL) head Simon Johnson described Australia and New Zealand’s withdrawal as a “selfish, parochial, and cowardly choice” with just four minutes’ notice to organizers.

Greg Peters, the chief executive of the New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL), said some of the criticisms of the decision were “misjudged and ill-advised.”

“If caring after your people and ensuring their safety, which I have a legal duty leave alone a human one, is cowardly, then I must be a coward,” he told’s Newsnight. That, however, is not the case in my opinion.

“What this highlights is the huge disparity between what is acceptable pandemic management in the UK and what is acceptable in New Zealand and Australia.”

“In the UK, you might be seeing up to 50,000 cases every day.” With just a few instances, we will shut our borders and put the country on lockdown. Simply put, our people’s safety is essential.

“This isn’t a new topic of discussion. The organizers may claim to have been caught off guard or shocked, but they have known about our concerns since at least late last year. And it’s gotten to this because the problem has been pushed upon us since the tournament starts in less than ten weeks.”

Following a rise in Covid-19 infections, almost half of Australia’s population was put back under lockdown, whereas the bulk of coronavirus restrictions in England were removed despite increasing instances.

Players and staff are also concerned about being quarantined for 14 days upon their return to Australia, since the country’s borders are now blocked due to the epidemic.

Players would only be able to return to their NRL teams two weeks before the start of trial games for the 2022 season under such rules.

As a result, both nations have asked that the tournament be postponed until 2022, despite organizers’ claims that this would create further difficulties due to clashes with other big sports events planned for that year.

Around the footer - Sounds

This article broadly covered the following related topics:

  • wigan warriors signings 2018
  • hull fc live
  • rl forum
  • salford red devils news
  • super league fans forum
You May Also Like

Biggest need the Browns must address after first week of NFL free agency

  For a long time, the Cleveland Browns had a reputation for…

Paris St-Germain v Man City: Champions League tie not a personal battle – Mauricio Pochettino

Pochettino says ahead of the Champions League tie against Paris St-Germain that…

Metro GameCentral video game review of 2020 – gaming vs. the pandemic

The war for the next generation of consoles has begun (Image: Metro).…

Premiership: Bristol Bears thrash Bath 48-3 in record derby triumph

Brian Byrne, the BristolBristol, took advantage of the Bears’ advantage as a…