The January transfer window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumor mill is closed! Speculation is rife about the moves over the summer, so check out the latest gossip below and all the official listings here.
TOP STORY : Coutinho could be Arsenal’s plan B for Odegaard.
According to the Daily Express, Arsenal are considering Philippe Coutinho as an alternative to Martin Odegaard if the Gunners fail to retain the Norwegian after this season.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta hopes to keep the 22-year-old in North London permanently, such is the impact of the emerging number 10. Odegaard has been a revelation since his move to Real Madrid in January. He scored two goals and added a much needed creative presence to the Arsenal midfield.
However, Odegaard could still have a future at the Bernabeu, especially if Zinedine Zidane leaves the club as manager this summer.
However, Arsenal are considering a plan B and Coutinho would only cost £35m, if Spanish newspaper Sport is to be believed. The Brazilian has only played 12 games for Barca in La Liga this season, but has already scored 99 goals in 201 appearances for Liverpool since his arrival three years ago.
The 28-year-old was also a regular for Bayern last season. He scored three goals and provided three assists in 11 Champions League games to help Bayern to the title. A transfer of Coutinho would certainly be welcomed by Barca, who are happy to waive his huge salary.
*No* Odegaard was ruled out of Wednesday’s World Cup qualifier against Gibraltar in Norway due to an injury, the severity of which was unclear at the time of publication.
– ESPN FC Daily streaming on ESPN+ (US only)
– Liverpool goalkeeper Adrian is considering a return to Real Betis at the end of the season. The Spanish club have their eye on him as a replacement for veteran Claudio Bravo. According to La Razon, who understand that Betis have already contracted Rui Silva from Granada, Adrian, 34, would be an immediate replacement for Bravo, who has been linked with a move to Colo Colo in his native Chile.
– It seems that all the top European clubs are doing everything they can to lure top striker Erling Haaland to their clubs. The Mirror claims that Manchester United’s Ole Gunnar Solskjaer calls the 20-year-old every day. Solskjaer hopes his links with Molde will help him persuade his compatriot to come to Old Trafford, although the Red Devils boss faces competition from a number of clubs including Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid.
– According to Sport, the transfer of Erik Garcia to Barcelona is complete. The 20-year-old centre-back has already agreed a five-year contract, which will be made official at the end of the season. Barca have accepted the terms of the deal, which was struck in January, and will make it official in April. Barca had already tried to sign the former La Masia graduate last summer, but refused to pay the €20 million fee.
– According to AS, Liverpool are considering the services of Real Madrid defender Nacho, 31. Juventus and Roma are also interested, the latter having already made two approaches. Liverpool’s season has been marred by injuries to key defenders like Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez, and Fernandes is seen as an experienced player and an exemplary professional who would make an excellent replacement.
– Real Madrid are open to the idea of bringing Cristiano Ronaldo back to the club this summer, but the Juventus striker will have to accept a pay cut, reports AS. The 36-year-old Portuguese star is also reportedly interested in a reunion. Although Madrid could afford the estimated €25m price tag, AS writes that his €31m annual salary would have to be cut by around €6m a year.
– Thiago Silva is on the verge of signing a one-year contract extension at Chelsea, as reported by The Sun. The 36-year-old midfielder joined The Blues from Paris Saint-Germain last summer and has impressed during his time in London. Thomas Tuchel has made no secret of his desire to keep the experienced Brazilian at Stamford Bridge, a duo who have previously worked together at PSG.
espnfc,fc confirmed transfers,football transfers,espnafc,latest soccer transfers 2020,major transfers,Privacy settings,How Search works,football players transfer,arsnala