If you are looking for a career in a company where your role is important, then a company secretary is the best choice. This is one of the most important positions in a company. The Indian Institute of Company Secretaries is one of the best and only institutes in India that contributes to the development and leadership of company secretaries. If you want to become a company secretary, you’ve come to the right place. Here we have provided some very useful information that can help you choose the right path that will lead you to the position of company secretary. Just like any other profession, it is important that you work hard from the beginning to achieve your goals. Here’s what you need to know:
Who is the company secretary?
Many business people, especially shareholders, are concerned and appalled by the resulting turmoil. Companies must remain transparent to retain their shareholders and earn their trust. But the top managers are very busy with the day-to-day running of the company, so it is very difficult for them to keep in touch with all the shareholders and regain their trust. To deal with such a situation and manage them, many companies hire professionals called company secretaries. They contribute to the smooth running of the company. So if you decide to become a company secretary, you will have a rewarding and interesting career. Here are some details about the company secretary.
You have three steps to complete this course:
- Management level
- Level of the subject
Here are some important points regarding the selection criteria for the position of a company secretary in a company.
- The first and most important thing you need to know is that you need to get the 12. You must have completed the first class at an accredited university or college. Candidates with a degree other than Fine Arts are eligible. You can study at a preliminary level.
- If you have a degree or postgraduate diploma from a recognised course other than fine art, you can apply directly to an executive course. You do not need to register for a preparation course as you are exempt.
- If you have completed the ICSI Foundation Course or the CPT program at the Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants in India, you can be admitted directly to the executive level program.
Here is some information about the company secretarial entrance exam:
- You have to pass the entrance exam for company secretaries organized by the Institute of Company Secretaries in India.
- The admissions process runs throughout the year.
- The exams are held twice a year, in June and December.
- If you want to take the entrance exam in December, you can apply in March of the same year. However, if you want to take the exam in June next year, you can register in September.
- If you are following an executive level programme, you will be required to take two modular exams. If you want to apply in December, you must complete the application process by the end of February. And for the June exams, it should be ready by the end of August.
- There is also a one-module exam for the Executive Program, and if you wish to take it, it will take place in June, with registration before the end of November.
- You can pass the exams if you achieve at least 40% in each subject and at least 50% in all subjects. The same applies to the basic, management and specialisation levels.
Depending on the level of the course, you will have different areas of interest. Each level is very important to go deeper into the topics. This course is a combination of a law course and a business course. In this way, you will become an expert in various fields. This is also the reason why many universities invite company secretaries to come and teach practical courses after a few years. This is what you will learn in the CS program:
At the basic level, you only have four jobs: Economic climate and law, business administration, fundamentals of accounting and auditing, corporate governance, ethics and entrepreneurship.
At the implementation level, there are two modules and in each module there are four elements. The first module covers jurisprudence, interpretation and general statutes, establishment and closure of companies, company law and commercial law. In the second module you will study business and management accounting, business and commercial law, securities and capital markets law, and financial and strategic management.
At professional level you have three modules and three tests in each module. The first module covers governance, risk management, compliance and ethics, advanced tax law and design, compliance and avoidance. The second module covers secretarial auditing, corporate restructuring and corporate dispute resolution. The final module includes corporate finance and stock exchange listings, multidisciplinary case studies and an elective.
Also read: 7 best accounting courses in India
As mentioned above, the role of a company secretary in a business is very important, so certain additional skills are required in addition to academic qualifications. Additional skills include:
- It is important to have good communication skills.
- You must be an expert in corporate law.
- Meticulous planner.
- You have to be very fast with numbers.
- You must have a good command of world English in word and writing.
- You have to be able to multitask.
- It is very important that you work on time, which means that time management is very important.
On completion of the company secretary course, you will take on a variety of responsibilities. For example, there are different professional roles:
- Legal aid
- Principal Secretary
- Company Secretary
- Registrar of companies
- administration director
- business planner
- Member of the Board
- Company policy
The company registrar is one of the most important roles you play as a company secretary. If you are hired as legal counsel, you will be responsible for all legal aspects of the business and resolve any disputes. As a senior administrator you will be responsible for all confidential and legal documents of the company. They also take care of all the administrative tasks of the company. If you are hired as a business planner, you will need to plan long and short term actions for the business and its growth. If you are a member of the board of directors, you have to give professional advice and make decisions.
Different types of jobs:
On completion of the company secretary course, you will be able to find work in a wide range of organisations in both the public and private sectors. It can be any bank or financial sector, where the need for company secretaries is high. In addition, works councils, departments of commercial affairs and various other government departments also require a company secretary. You can also benefit from better terms if you manage to get a place in a leading organization.
If you don’t want to work with a company or organization, you can also start your own consulting business. However, you must first obtain a corporate certificate of compliance. It is provided by companies whose paid-up shares are between Rs. 10 lakhs and Rs. 2 crores.
With your extensive knowledge in various fields, you will also be invited to speak at colleges and universities.
All companies with a turnover of more than €2,000,000 must have a company secretary and this will be a full-time job. Just make sure you choose the right opportunity to make sure you are placed with the right company.
Company secretaries can be found in almost every industry and earn a decent salary for their work. If you have good skills and experience, many companies are willing to pay you a very good salary. Since there are many roles or opportunities that you can get after completing your CS degree, the salary depends on the role you play. If you are appointed secretary of a company, you can earn between 3,000 and 12,000 rupees depending on your experience. If you decide to become a lawyer, you can earn between Rs 3,00,000 and Rs 10,00,000. The salary of the Secretary General ranges from Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 12,00,000.
Best universities to enroll in company secretary program:
One of the most important things that many people overlook when planning the best education is choosing the right college or university. The quality of education is very important and most importantly, you will have great chances of getting hired in the best companies if you graduate from the best colleges in India. The only popular institute among top company secretaries is the Institute of Company Secretaries in India (ICSI). Therefore, you should try to enroll in this institute if you want to make a better career as a company secretary.
Some of the leading recruitment companies in India
If you want to know which are the best companies or organizations to hire after taking the business secretary course, here are some of them. But remember, this is only a short list and there are many other companies that would love to hire you.
- ACB Group
- BESTECH India Pvt Ltd
- BGM Consortium GmbH
- Birla Corporation Ltd.
- DaVita Care (India) Pvt Limited
- Glocal Healthcare Systems Pvt Ltd
- HCL Technologies GmbH
- Heinz India Pvt Ltd
- Indian Railway Finance Company
- Janalakshmi Financial Services Pvt Ltd.
- Jaypee Group
- Karur-Vysya Bank Limited
- Monolith Industries Limited
- OIL India Limited
- Omaxe GmbH
- Parsvnat Infra Ltd.
- Punjab National Bank
- Shri Lal Mahal Ltd
- LNG & Associates (law firm)
- Trinity Reinsurance Broker Limited
Therefore, here is some useful information on how to become a company secretary. You just have to make sure you fill out the paperwork with good grades and a good unit. It will help you to find jobs in the best companies in India.
The training costs for a company secretary are not very high. For the basic level, the total price, including the entrance fee, is Rs. 3600/-. For the executive level, you have to pay Rs 6500/- once you complete the basic level. However, if you skip this step, you will be charged an additional amount of Rs 500 per clearance. For the professional level, the cost of the course is Rs 11,000/- but if you have passed any of the above levels, you have to pay an additional amount of Rs 500 for each level. Apart from this fee, you also have to pay for the exams for each level, which is Rs. Rs 875, Rs 900 and Rs 750 each to be paid.
If you think this course is for you, it’s time to get started.
frequently asked questions
How to become a CS Secretary
How many years does it take to become a company secretary?
Course” Company Secretariat
What is the best degree for a company secretary?
cs – an alternative course for…
Feedback,company secretary salary in indiacompany secretary courseicsicompany secretary course onlinecompany secretary syllabuscompany secretary qualification,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,company secretary salary in india,highest salary of company secretary in india,how to become company secretary after 12th,company secretary course,icsi,company secretary course online,company secretary syllabus,company secretary qualification